- Bus Trips will be announced on the Activities Blog, the monthly calendar and the Wednesday morning meetings.
- Registering for the Bus Trips will be on Wednesday at 11:00 AM in the Large Hall. This gives you time to check your calendars to make sure you can take the bus trip. (If there are still spaces available on the bus, you can sign up in the Activities Office or put yourself on the Waiting List).
- There will be no early signups for bus trips except that the registration volunteers will be able to select one trip that they will take that week before signup begins.
- Registration will be done in the Large Hall. Line up at the tables in front of the trip you want to take – no saving of chairs.
WINTER RANCH AND TROPHY GARDENS HAVE AGREED ON THE FOLLOWING:
- Each person can sign up themselves and one other person.
- Be prepared to pay for the bus trip when you register if there is a cost for the trip. Use of the bus is free, but we may be collecting an admission fee for wherever we are going. It would speed things up if you have the exact amount – no large bills.
- We will keep a standby list for people who weren’t able to sign up. Therefore, if you aren’t going to be able to make the trip, please contact the office in time for us to contact those on the waiting list so we can fill the seats (at least one work day prior to the bus trip).
- Winter Ranch and Trophy Gardens will work together on bus trips where both parks are taking the trip. If one park doesn’t fill their half of the bus, they will contact the other park so people on their Standby List can be contacted.
- Some bus trips require the Activity Office to purchase advance tickets. Once you purchase the ticket and then discover you can’t attend, it is your responsibility to sell the ticket(s) to another resident or lose your ticket money. If there is someone on the Standby List, we will let you know.
- On trips where Winter Ranch and Trophy Gardens share the bus, each park will be designated to sit on one side of the bus.
- There needs to be a minimum of 22 people registered for a bus trip before the trip is a go.
- If you are a “no show” for a bus trip and have not contacted the Activity Office to cancel at least one work day in advance of the trip you will be assessed a $2 “no-show” fee which will be added to the driver’s tips. Until we receive the $2, you will not be allowed to register for another bus trip. If you are a “no show” for three trips during the season, you will not be able to register for any other trips during the remainder of the season. This policy is being initiated on a trial basis to address the “no show” issue. Our goal is to assure equal and fair access to the bus service by all residents.